AusPayNet is at the front line in the development of global standards to support secure innovation in payment technologies. These include key Australian standards as well as global ISO and PCI standards for card and PIN security, tokenisation and key management.
We are an active participant in the activities of the International Organization for Standardization. Currently, we contribute to:
- ISO TC68 - Financial Services: Standardisation in the field of banking, securities and other financial services.
- Fintech Technical Advisory Group
- ISO TC68 SC2 - Financial Service, security
- WG 11 - Encryption algorithms used in banking applications
- WG 13 - Security in retail banking
- ISO 20022 - Universal financial industry message schema
- Registration Management Group
- Payments Standards Evaluation Group
- ISO TC307 - Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies: Standardisation of blockchain technologies and distributed ledger technologies.
We also participate on domestic mirror committees for ISO work through Standards Australia, including:
- SA IT-005 Financial Transaction Systems: Standardization in the area of electronic funds transfer and involvement in ISO work on this and related subjects
- SC 03 - Message Content and Format
- SC 04 - Authentication And Security
- SC 08 - Financial Instruments
- SA IT-041 Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies: Standardisation of blockchain technologies and distributed ledger technologies.
Other standards related bodies we participate on include:
- SWIFT Australian National Member Group
- SWIFT Australian User Group
- PCI SSC Payments Card Industry Security Standards Council (Affiliate member)
- FIDO Alliance (Liaison member)